God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. – Nahum 1:2 KJV.
548-Know The God You Serve_1_12102021
Please click the link above to download the full text of this Ministration.
That Jehovah has been in existence before the creation of the world is not in argument. Whatever name anyone may wish to call Him, every human being agrees to the existence of a great one who is behind all that has been happening in the world, though He is called by different names. Many agree that He exists but not many actually know Him and this probably accounts for the many ways in which people trigger His anger.
The Israelites officially met Jehovah through Moses, only when they were getting ready to leave Egypt. Though Jehovah had appeared to their fore-fathers like Abraham in one way or the other, many of them never really knew the personality they were relating with. They just knew Him as the god that intervened in their situation and they were left better for it, just as it is with most people after them, and till today. He eventually introduced Himself to Moses as JEHOVAH, after admitting that He only appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, with them not really knowing Him for who He really is – Exo. 6:1-3. Moses therefore can be said to know Jehovah better than his ancestors, and because of the goodness that He has promised and shown to the Israelites and the number of times that He had been patient with their transgressions since their departure from Egypt, he and the Israelites saw the side of Jehovah that was good but did not bother exploring what He could also be, if they triggered His anger.
This compassionate and merciful image is what they chose to have of Him just like most people who relate with Him today. Though this is not a wrong impression of Him, it is an incomplete picture of who He truly is as most people have grown into the belief that Jehovah always does good things and cannot be associated with any action that may be classified as bad. That is probably why those who relate with Him throw caution to winds in a manner that leaves the impression that He is being taken for granted. Whichever word you may use to describe his action when His anger has been triggered, it will definitely leave the transgressor with a “bloodied nose” as Jehovah is not that “always nice” god that people, Christians inclusive believe He is. Had they been presented with the full picture of who He is, most people would have been more cautious when relating with Him.
The Prophet Nahum provided a small opportunity to see who Jehovah is from a perspective, different from the personality that Christians and their leaders have chosen to portray. In his prophecy to the Israelites who were in captivity in Assyria, he revealed the two sides of the personality of Jehovah which should help any wise person have a productive relationship Him. This is the focus of today’s Devotional with the above foundation scripture. He revealed the following about Jehovah;
- That Jehovah can be jealous – Nahum 1:2a. To be jealous is to be envious of another person’s achievements and advantages. Jehovah Himself admits this characteristics of Himself even though He does not expect human beings to be envious of one another – Exo. 20:5, 17. The one who gives greater or preferred attention or appreciation to any other but Jehovah is already triggering His jealousy and such should be ready to receive the appropriate reward that from someone who is jealous and who in this case will be Jehovah – Gen. 4:1-8.
- That Jehovah takes revenge on His adversaries – Nahum 1:2b. Revenge is the act of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered from such. Though Jehovah does not want his adherents to seek revenge, he on His own part will go out of His way to hurt anyone whose actions He considers to have hurt His personality.
- That Jehovah reserves wrath for His enemies – Nahum 1:2c. The one who does anything to reduce the stature or influence of Jehovah in this realm will always be considered as the enemy of Jehovah. The Prophet Nahum says there is a store where wrath is stored from which Jehovah will serve all those He considers as enemies. He may not want you to harbour anger against fellow beings but that does not stop Him from keeping a warehouse filled with wrath to be poured on His enemies.
- That Jehovah is slow to anger but is great in power – Nahum 1:3a. That Jehovah is not reacting instantly and as may be expected to the transgressions of someone is not to say that He is weak or will tolerate such. The delay in His reaction is simply because His anger builds slowly. The timing between the transgressions of an individual and the reaction of Jehovah may be long but should not be the reason for anyone to doubt His ability to bring all works to judgement – 2Pet. 3:8-9.
- That Jehovah will never acquit the wicked – Nahum 1:3b. The scriptures reveal that a thousand years for man is like one day to Jehovah. That his reaction is not coming within the timing of men does not imply that He will not come because He does not operate with the timing of man – Psa. 90:4.
As much as all the above should be sufficient to guide anyone who is relating with Jehovah, away from His anger, Prophet Nahum also took his time to reveal some traits of Jehovah that many would love to relate with, but which will be further discussed in the second part of this Devotional. Meanwhile it is important for Christians to note that these divine instructions applies to the relationship of man with fellow human beings and the relationship between Himself and man, but does not apply to how Jehovah relates with man. The earlier Christians know this, the more they better their chances of avoiding His anger and wrath. May God teach us to know Him better so that we can have a smoother relationship with Him in Jesus name. Amen.
5 thoughts on “Know The God You Serve_1.”
Needed to create you a very little observation to help give many thanks as before about the incredible tricks you have provided above. It has been quite unbelievably generous of you to present extensively what exactly some people might have offered for sale for an ebook to generate some bucks for themselves, principally considering that you might have tried it in case you decided. These tactics likewise acted like a good way to comprehend someone else have the identical passion like mine to see very much more on the subject of this problem. I am certain there are numerous more pleasurable periods in the future for people who browse through your website.
I and also my buddies happened to be going through the great hints found on the blog and so all of the sudden came up with a horrible suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for those tips. Those young boys are actually absolutely glad to read through all of them and already have in fact been making the most of them. We appreciate you really being really considerate and for having this sort of high-quality useful guides millions of individuals are really needing to be aware of. Our sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to sooner.
I would like to express appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of this type of circumstance. Just after scouting throughout the the net and meeting notions which are not productive, I believed my life was well over. Living minus the strategies to the difficulties you’ve resolved by way of the guide is a crucial case, and those that might have in a wrong way damaged my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your site. Your personal ability and kindness in maneuvering every item was crucial. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a solution like this. I am able to now look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for the specialized and effective guide. I won’t be reluctant to propose your blog to anyone who wants and needs assistance on this subject.
I wish to express some appreciation to you for rescuing me from this type of difficulty. After searching through the world-wide-web and finding solutions which were not pleasant, I thought my entire life was done. Living minus the strategies to the difficulties you have solved all through your short post is a critical case, and the ones which could have in a negative way damaged my career if I hadn’t come across your site. Your good know-how and kindness in maneuvering a lot of things was important. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come across such a step like this. I am able to at this point relish my future. Thanks very much for this expert and sensible guide. I will not think twice to recommend the sites to anyone who would need assistance about this area.
I want to show my appreciation to you for bailing me out of this condition. Right after browsing throughout the world-wide-web and obtaining notions which are not pleasant, I figured my life was gone. Living without the presence of strategies to the issues you’ve resolved by way of this review is a crucial case, and ones which might have in a wrong way affected my entire career if I hadn’t encountered your blog post. Your good talents and kindness in controlling a lot of things was valuable. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not come across such a thing like this. I am able to at this point relish my future. Thanks for your time very much for your skilled and amazing guide. I will not think twice to endorse your web page to anyone who needs and wants assistance about this situation.