And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them. – Matt. 8:4 KJV
Please click the link above to download the full text of this Ministration.
Three Chapters of the biblical book of Matthew who was formerly known as Levi the tax collector, that is Chapters five, six and Seven, are devoted to the very first set of sermons of Jesus Christ where he laid out what can be regarded as his Ministry Policy and Guidelines. His view on practically every aspect of life was touched upon in a sermon that was later referred to as Sermon on the Mount. He was to immediately follow this sermon with a set of healing sessions with several people benefitting from these healing acts.
As he was descending from the Mount in the company of his disciples and the multitude, Matthew reported that he was met by a man with leprosy who on approaching him, knelt before him and expressed to him his confidence that he would be healed if it was the wish of Jesus to heal him – Matt. 8:1-2. He reported that Jesus immediately stretched out his hand to touch the man, and expressed is willingness to heal him and immediately pronounced healing on the man. The report says the man was healed instantly – Matt. 8:3. The man was subsequently advised by Jesus not to tell anyone, go and show himself to the Priest and offer the gift associated with such acts as stated by Moses – Matt. 8:4.
Going by the records of the disciple Matthew, this probably marks the very first miracle or will at least range amongst the first set of miracles of Jesus Christ. It must have come as a huge surprise to his disciples and the crowd as until then they probably had not witnessed such an event. There is also the possibility of other lepers or at least people with other ailments being in the crowd who just heard his Ministration but only this man with leprosy appeared from no where to express the kind of faith that got him his miracle.
Similar situations exist today where so many Christians have taken up the habit of perennially listening to the Word day and night with some even able to recite the entire scripture off head, indicating how much they have related with the Word but there is nothing in their lives to indicate their belief in the Word. The Apostle Paul in his letter makes it known that the kingdom of God is not just in Words but in the demonstration of power – 1Cor. 4:20. A Christian that will quote the scriptures fluently and accurately without demonstrating the activeness of the Word is not doing much to promote the kingdom of God. It is not about how much time you spend in church listening to well delivered homilies but how much your life glorifies the Almighty God through those Words – Jms. 1:22. The leper was not on the mount with the multitude neither was he even part of the disciples that heard the ministrations but he it was that demonstrated the power in the Word.
The leper may have been isolated from the crowd due to his medical condition which rendered him unclean and unfit to be in the midst of the people but he was the only one that was healed at that meeting indicating that healing from Christ is not dependent on your physical location but on your spiritual location. There must be total belief in what is being preached beyond been just physically present. One can only wonder what triggered the level of faith found in the leper, who probably was just hearing what Jesus Christ was saying from a distance as he could not go near. Whatever he heard must have convinced him of the ability of Jesus to heal him. He, in very clear terms, told Jesus that he was sure that if Jesus wanted to, he would heal him. He demonstrated a level of faith that was hardly found in those who claim to be close to him and sup with him everyday.
Of course Jesus immediately granted his request and he received his healing instantly. Most Christians today despite their claims to long term association with Jesus Christ hardly have any testimony to share about a received miracle. Not even a change in attitude different from the life lived before claiming to be born again is visible. This is the same attitude that had made people keep away from such a person like he/she is leprous and even the long association with Jesus has not changed it. The same with several other areas of life as character traits remain the same despite several years of association with Christianity. It has become so bad that some have come to accept this negative attitude or character trait as the Will of God for their life. This can only be a lie from the pit of hell. The only reason why a change was not witnessed is because such an individual was probably only physically associating with the Word but have no faith in all that was heard or sometimes what such is even preaching.
You too can experience your miracle today if you follow the path of the leper some of which are listed as follows:
- The leper acknowledged his leprous situation. The major reason why the healing power of Jesus will not be demonstrated in the lives of some individuals is because of their refusal to acknowledge that they are leprous which is sufficient reason for people to avoid them. They rather accuse people of not showing love or simply dislike or envy them or maybe are jealous of them. Some begin to blame non-existent witches and wizards with all these excuses constituting distractions that prevent them from receiving their healing from Jesus.
- The leper had no business with anyone in the crowd except Jesus and it was on him that he placed his focus. The miracle seeking person must ignore all the distractions that is normally around in the church and focus on his/her reason for coming to Jesus Christ. Such must accept being the one with the challenge and not all the people in whose direction he/she is pointing those accusing fingers as that is when the journey to a power demonstrating life would have commenced.
- The leper approached Jesus Christ. Although most people are in church, they never really approached Jesus Christ. Valuable time in spent on issues that have no relevance to why they are in church. They are so active in church that they have no time to present their request to Him in prayer. They work to be seen by men, especially their very spiritually gifted spiritual leader who has been elevated to the position of Jesus Christ or God and barely have time for divinely assigned work that will make God see them. All these makes it impossible for them to meet Jesus who remains the only miracle worker. The one that desires miracle healing from Jesus must see only Jesus who will then decide whom he wants to use to achieve the miracle healing.
- The leper indicated faith in Jesus, declaring in plain terms what he desired. Some people are so confused during times of prayer that they cannot state in clear terms what they desire to the Almighty God. Requests must be clearly presented as it is only what you asked for in prayer that you will receive. God only knows the desire of one who had it whether it is pronounced or not, but it is impossible for God to know the desire of someone who has no desire. Know what you want and present it in clear terms, not necessarily by verbal pronouncements but also by a strong desire for it. That same god who has the ability to see through intentions will then grant the intention if it is according to his Will.
- The leper acknowledged the fact that his being healed will depend on the willingness of Jesus Christ. Jesus himself will not do anything outside what his father in heaven Wills – Jn. 5:19. It therefore implies that the request must meet with the Will of God. Submission to the Will of God remains a key point to note for the Christian. Asking outside the Will of God is the best assurance that a request will not be granted by Him. Jesus Christ was willing to heal the leper, just as the Almighty God is willing to remove every obstacle that will hinder progress for the Christian and that includes wrong attitude.
Professing that God made you that way not only accuses God of creating a bad person out of you but is also taking a position that will never help you in receiving that healing. That negative attitude is leprous. It will continue to isolate you from people that should help you achieve your destiny goals. Approach Jesus today and he will heal you totally from them all. May all leprous acts or signs that is working against our achieving destiny be healed today in Jesus name. Amen.