Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. – Isa. 58:8 NIV
Please click the link above to download the full text of this Ministration
Indeed, the Almighty God does not delight in the pain that the sinner goes through neither does He want them dead. All He desires is that those who have submitted to Him in worship and whom He has declared as His own, remain steadfast in their belief in Him and adhere to all His instructions. He on His part will always remain faithful to His words once His people remain faithful to their promise to worship Him exclusively – Psa. 138:2. It should be expected that He will withdraw His support once the people He calls His own begin to deviate from His instructions just as all attempts to get back into His good books will be acknowledged, as long as it is genuine. He is able to see through the thoughts of men and so able to know when all that is been presented to Him in worship is deceitful and hypocritical and He will refuse to be blackmailed or arm-twisted into reversing His decision simply because the individual is involved in acts that seemingly present a picture of remorse.
Fasting and similar acts carried out by His followers on such occasions will remain ineffective for as long as it does not meet with His standard. Such acts will only end up in a complete waste of time and unnecessary affliction of the body as it will not yield the desired and expected result. That is why he took time to explain to the Christian today, in previous scriptures that guided the earlier devotionals, what will be acceptable to Him. – Isa. 58:1-7. The one who seeks His face in prayers accompanied with the spiritual tool of fasting will definitely be favoured, as long as the act meets with His standard. The Lord reveals through the Prophet Isaiah in today’s scripture and beyond that the one who is successful in his/her prayers in general and fasting in particular will experience the following;
- The light of such will break forth like the dawn – Isa. 58:8a. Such will experience a newness of life just as the night gives way to a new day in a new dawn. Negative experiences of the past will give way to new positive developments in such lives.
- Such will experience rapid healing – Isa. 58:8b. Healing here will not be limited to health alone but sickness in all areas of life. Marriages, businesses and lives generally will receive a new refreshing.
- The act of righteousness of such will precede him/her just as the glory of the Lord will be the rear guard – Isa. 58:8c. Every positive act of such will be recognised by God and man just as the backing of the Lord will be available to ensure success by such a person.
- Such will successfully call for, and receive help from the Lord – Isa. 58:9. Such a person will receive the support of the Lord in all situations once he/she calls on the Lord.
- The light of such will rise in darkness and night of such a person will instantly turn to day – Isa. 58:10. Amidst failures and every negative event that may be happening in the environment of such a person, he/she will continue to stand out in success.
- The Lord will guide such always – Isa. 58:11a. It will be impossible for such to place a foot wrong or get involved in any act that will lead to regret.
- Such will experience plenty in a dry land as the Lord will make such to be like a well-watered garden and strengthen such – Isa. 58:11b. Such will not experience famine of any type even when the prevailing conditions does not support success.
- Such will be able to rebuild all that has been broken down and restore all that has been lost, even over generations. Generational failures will not only stop but the damages experienced over several past generations will be repaired by such an individual.
From all that the Lord said through the Prophet Isaiah, the tool of fasting is no doubt a powerful tool that remains available to the one who believes in the Lord but it remains questionable if the fasting Christian today is receiving all these rewards or living the life of one who has all these rewards. Fasting today has almost become like the imposition of affliction on oneself and worse still, to some, the Almighty God is been presented as a blind and deaf god who is not able to see the affliction or hear the cries of His people. Stop slandering Him with your spiritual acts especially that of fasting which is not working because He sees it as hypocritical, deceitful or not meeting with His standards. There is no doubt that meeting His standards will automatically release all those rewards and you can begin to live the life that is rightfully yours, the life of the prince or princess of the Most High. May that be your portion very soon in Jesus name. Amen.