There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. – Psa. 91:10-11 KJV
Please click the link above to download the full text of this Ministration.
This is the third and final part of our daily devotion titled “Dwell In The Secret Place”. The first part focused on the need for the Christian to do all that is needful to be able to secure a seat in the secret place of the Most High with the foundation scripture being the first verse of the Psalm fifty-one. The second part of the devotion focused on the conferred grace that is available to the one who has succeeded in having a seat in the secret place of the Most High. Such is able to refer to the Almighty God as a trust worthy refuge and fortress.
Today’s devotion focuses in detail on the advantages that comes to the one who is now seated in the secret place of the most high and they are as follows:
- Such with assurance will be delivered from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. – Psa. 91:3. The use of the word “surely” makes this a promise assured. This means that such a person will be made safe from all the evil plans that may be set by enemies, seen and unseen. Such a person will also be safe from all forms of contagious diseases. This does not have to be asked for in prayer as it is automatically included in the package that is made available to the one that has secured a permanent seat in the secret place of the Most High.
- The Almighty God shall cover such with his feathers, and such will equally be able to trust in the safety provided by Him with this trust being a shield and buckler to such a person – Psa. 91:4. Total and divine protection is assured for the one that is seated in the secret place of the Most High. With the divine shield and buckler, all spiritual attacks are effectively and successfully taken care of.
- Such is equally safe from all the activities of darkness and the danger that comes with each day – Psa. 91:6. There is nothing to fear for the one that is seated in the secret place of the Most High. This is because the power that is available to such is able to overcome all powers of darkness, whether physical or spiritual.
- Many negative events may occur around such, with many becoming victims of such events but the one seated in the secret place of the Most High will be exempted – Psa. 91:7. There is an assurance of total security and safety such that no matter how close the danger may be, it will not touch the one that is so positioned. If anything such a person will witness the evil people become victims of their evil plans as stated in verse eight of today’s psalm.
- Such will have the ability to successfully confront known powerful people and deceitful people irrespective of the potency of their ability and defeat them – Psa. 91:13. Such will not be cowardly and will have no fear of evil forces should there be the need to attack evil people, as there will be super natural ability to attack and overcome such successfully.
- Such shall call upon the Lord and will be confident of being heard as the Lord will answer him/her, grant deliverance and honour such a person – Psa. 91:15. There is help readily available to such in trouble times, once a request in prayer is presented to the Almighty God.
- The Almighty God will bless such with long life just as there is an assurance that such is already saved from the damnation of the last days – Psa. 91:16. Such an individual is assured of life time peace and joy in this realm and in the life after life.
All the above will happen because the individual succeeded in seating in the secret place of the Most High and decided to make the Sovereign Lord his/her refuge and habitation, both of which are the result of successful worship of the Almighty God.
With all the above being the product of being successful in the act of worship, whoever lacks any of the above in his/her Christian life will need to do a honest review of where he/she is worshipping and the quality of worship such is giving to the Lord. This is because, effectiveness in worship remains the only requirement that Moses recommends for anyone to get a seat in the secret place of the Most High. This also remains the primary intention of the Almighty God for instituting worship with all its attendants ordinances. There is no doubt that strict observance of all these ordinances will get the Christian a seat in the secret place of the Most High. He is not a god that is pleading to be worshipped or is starved of worshippers. Just as it is stated in the scriptures, if men do not worship the Lord, stones will rise up and worship him (Lk. 19:40) and even then, birds of the air, trees in the forest and all the other creations both on earth and in heaven are worshipping Him day and night ( Psa. 19:1-6) so whoever desires to worship Him cannot dump worship on Him like He is starved of it. If the Almighty God must be worshipped, it will have to be on His terms and only in the manner He prescribed. Rate your manner of worship with his standard to determine where you stand before it is too late. It is not about the large music, or the dancing, or the very powerful Word ministration, but about the acceptance of the worship by the Almighty God, and this very much depends on how well it meets up with His set standard. Ensure that the time spent in worship is not wasted. Worship Him in the way he desires from you and you will secure for yourself a seat in His secret place with all the earlier listed advantages flowing automatically into your life.
May God direct all our worship sessions according to his Will and standard so that it can lead us into his secret place in Jesus name. Amen.